Approximately 55% of users are women – last month, that’s about 65 million US female users
Facebook ranks at the top of our list of social networks for women. Founded in February, 2004, its mission is “to give people the power to share and make the world more open and connected.” People use the platform to stay connected with friends and family both near and far.
Many people use Facebook as a source of news information as well, to discover what’s going on in their local community, nationally and across the world. It is the clear leader as the go-to social network for people to share and express what matters to them.
We made an interesting observation as we analyzed the data for all these social networks. Facebook’s audience skews towards older women, while the company itself is overwhelmingly managed and run by young men. According to PayScale, the average age of a Facebook employee is 29 and 68% of its workforce is male. Look for a separate article on this observation soon.
Here’s what Facebook looked like in 2006…
More Facebook Stats:
- 3 Global Rank
- 2 US Rank
- 1.71 billion monthly active users as of June 2016
- 14,495 number of employees as of June 30, 2016
- 4 billion estimated total US visits in the past month
- 118 million estimated unique US visitors in the past month
- 65 million estimated # of US female visitors in the last month
- ~55% estimated percentage of users who are women
- 35-54 most popular age group
- 29 average age of Facebook employee
- 78% percentage of adult female internet users who use Facebook
- 6% percentage of total visitors from US