Approximately 40% of YouTube users are women with 49 million US female visitors to the site last month
Launched in May 2005, #2 YouTube has a mission is to “allow billions of people to discover, watch and share originally-created videos.” YouTube provides a forum for people to connect, inform and inspire others across the globe and acts as a distribution platform for original content creators and advertisers large and small.
Primarily a video-sharing website, the service was created by three former PayPal employees in February 2005. In November 2006, it was bought by Google for US$1.65 billion.
YouTube’s CEO is Susan Wojcicki, age 48. It was Susan’s garage where founders Larry Page and Sergey Brin originally set up office in 1998 for YouTube’s parent company – Google. She is married to Dennis Troper and they have five children.[/fusion_text]
Here’s what YouTube looked like in 2006…
More YouTube Stats:
- 2 Global Rank
- 3 US Rank
- 1 billion+ total visits in the past month
- 76 number of different languages YouTube is available in
- 40 # of minutes of an average YouTube mobile viewing session
- $2 billion total amount YouTube has paid to rightsholders (companies and individuals generating revenue from YouTube) as of July 2016
- ~40% estimated percentage of YouTube users who are women
- 35-44, 55-64 audience age groups that most index above internet average for that group