Approximately 75% of Pinterest users are women with about 38+ million US female users last month
Founded in 2010, #3 Pinterest describes itself as “the world’s catalog of ideas” and is used by millions as a discovery tool for collecting and organizing things you love.
It’s an online curation social network that’s composed of people and brands who find, create and share collections of things, people and places. Those collections are organized by “boards” and “pinning”, which is essentially putting an item into a collection.
People find ideas, save recipes, share craft ideas and parenting hacks, and find lots of inspiration and other ideas to try. Brides use the service to find ideas for weddings and share them with event planners. Designers use it to share kichen and renovation ideas with their clients.
Pinterest is one of the most popular social network destinations for women with 72% of users who are female.
Mission: To help people discover things they love and inspire them to go do those things in real life.[/fusion_text]
Here’s what Pinterest looked like in 2010…
More Pinterest Stats:
- 32 Global Rank
- 13 US Rank
- 223 million estimated total visits in the past month
- ~72% percentage of Pinterest users who are women
- 43% percentage of adult female internet users who use Pinterest as of April 2015
- 35-54 audience age groups that most index above internet average for that group
- ~1200 number of employees